I've struggled some with homesickness for Thunder Bay lately... missing our home, backyard, our clothesline, the garden, New Hope family, other friends, kids' friends, easy access to buying any food we're in the mood for, etc. However, I've also been struck with the amazing blessings about living here too! Thought I'd list a few....
~quietness (no noisy traffic)
~Northern Lights... we have an amazing view from our place, can even see them from our bedroom window!
~no homes behind us, only bush (privacy)
~slower traffic, which means safer roads to walk and for Josiah to ride bike
~Phil gets to finally experience teaching!
~a river within walking distance (we've explored the sandy beaches AND rocky beaches many times with kiddos on weekends)
~the first time putting gas in the van was this week! That's 6 weeks on 1 tank! (shows how small the island is and how often we walk)
~children get to experience adventures most children only read about (living on an island, seals, polar bear stories that happened nearby)
~I had an Epicure party for a new friend and it was a huge success! There is SO much interest here.... I guess people are used to ordering and waiting, also Epicure products don't sound expensive to them compared to what they're used to paying.
~the clinic/hospital staff are amazing! I really like my nurse practitioner. Seems almost like a midwife.
And there are more! I find that looking for things to be grateful for can really boost the spirits!
Yesterday, we went to the beach and the children actually played IN the water. It was 26* here! Amazing. I hadn't figured the whole "swimming thing" would happen here, living in the north. =)
On another note, there was a suicide here last weekend 4 houses away from us. A 22-yr old woman who we didn't know. Please pray for the community and that we would be open to what God's plan is for us here.
Blessings!
Marcia
No comments:
Post a Comment