Sunday, 26 February 2012

on Family Day, Computers, and Baby

Last week, we had some amazingly MILD weather!

 Family Day was especially gorgeous at +4, sunny, etc.
 We grabbed some "picnic food," ventured out the winter road, trampled through the deep snow, and had a lovely time in the bush!
 The children were SO HAPPY making trails, snow angels, swinging from little trees like monkeys, roasting hotdogs, etc.  Mommy was refreshed sitting in her camping chair that kept falling deeper and deeper into the 3 ft. snow and simply enjoying watching her family having so much fun.  (Walking around in the snow was a bit difficult for my 9-mth. pregnant body, so I left the others do that this time)  Phil kept the fire going, the fire that kept falling down, down, down into the snow because there were no big pieces of firewood to place at the bottom (and we'd forgotten the axe).

Pictures were supposed to be included in this post.  I have some really fun, beautiful ones!  However, our new laptop needs to be mailed off to get some work on it.
 Blame it on yours truly.  I was trying to get a bunch of things done one day, was hurrying, and carelessly picked up the laptop the wrong way, wrecking the screen.  =(    SUCH a horrible feeling as soon as I'd realized what I'd done!  Can't blame it on any little, rambunctious people this time.....    Thankfully, we'd purchased the damages warranty, so it should be covered.  We'll just be without it for awhile AND the many pictures on it.  I usually move the pictures to an online site, but hadn't done it yet.  Hopefully, they'll be ok since it's just "the screen."

And, can't forget about the main thing that's on our mind these days....
 WHEN will this little baby join our lives???
 Due date isn't til March 3rd, but the doctor told me 2 weeks ago that I most likely won't make it to that date.  She was surprised to see me at my prenatal appointment on Friday, assuming I'd "delivered" already.
  It's been hard to be patient... .and each day feels like a week...  but this baby WILL come!

Some other tidbits about our lives:

We are really enjoying the "freedom" that comes with the winter road.  Elena and I have gone twice to Sara's house in Moosonee for coffee and playtime with other moms and littles.  I hadn't done anything like that with women "at my stage in life" since moving here.  We both had a lot of fun!

There's also a church in Moosonee that we've visited a couple times and really enjoyed.  Lots of young families there.

The ladies from the church here in Moose Factory "surprised" (I had some hints that something was going on) me with a lovely baby shower on Valentines Day!  There were about 15 women there and they gave me some beautiful gifts.  I was so blessed by their kindness and generosity.  Some of them I didn't even know their names!!  Yet, they gave so graciously!

Phil had an all-nighter at school with his class a few weekends ago.  It was a fundraiser for their class trip coming up in June.  He said the night went well and students cooperated and had fun.  I suggested he do one every month!  His response:  "Once a year is enough."  ;)

He still continues to be busy with fundraisers.  Thankfully, some parents are helping but it takes a lot of planning and dreaming up ideas.

I am challenged to be more grateful. I've been reading Ann Voskamp's book "One Thousand Gifts" (thanks to Phil's aunt Judy who left it here for me!) and am finding it to be so inspiring!  Looking for things to be grateful for can go a LONG way.  (I'd known that before, but needed this reminder again)

Blessings to all of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment